Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Sunday, July 12, 2009

M.O.M.'s Mailbox

This week I had two questions from my mailbox that I felt free to share. If you have a question I would love to share as the Lord led. Just use the email link listed in my profile page to do so. We look forward to hearing from you and pray His blessings abound in your heart and home as you live in His presence!

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

Question- Can you explain a little about what a birthday Proverbs is?

Answer- A Birthday Proverbs is the Proverbs of the day that goes with the date of your birth. For example, my birthday is March 26 so my Birthday Proverbs is: Proverbs chapter 26. Each member of the Wood family has memorized their Birthday Proverbs or is in the process of doing so. We have seen the Lord speak volumes to each of us as we hid His Word in our hearts. If you chose to seek wisdom and hide His instruction in His heart, I am confident you too will be blessed!

Question- Unfortunately when you have big ones you sometimes feel that you've missed the boat and it's too late. Maybe you could include some stuff pertinent to those situations with older kids too, though; I know that since you train so well with your younger ones, you don't have many issues with your older ones.

Answer- First let me say that I view child training as life long. Even with our older children we are still training them in a variety of tasks and heart issues. I also understand the discouragement that can set in as our children are older. We had hoped they would be one place and they are another, we had hoped that we wouldn’t be dealing with certain issues as we are. May I encourage you to keep your children a priority in your prayer life? Do not neglect the protection in prayer that your children need from you, their mother!

As the Lord leads, I will be including training moments with my older children. Thank you for the reminder and encouragement to do so! I am blessed to share as a handmaiden of the Lord!

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment