Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Moment in Proverbs 7/14/09

Proverbs 17: 6

Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.

I am confident that I was the crown of my grandfather as were my children. Every part of his conversation and actions showed that he found us the most precious jewels he had been given in life. At the age of 91 my grandfather was still full of life and mentally alert. I had often prayed that when the Lord took him home it would be peacefully, in his sleep. The Lord granted my request and Grandpa went home to Jesus just as I had prayed. Hours before he passed away, we were able to spend time talking with him. He told the children how he would never forget the joy of watching them catch waves (we had taken trips to the beach together). He told our adopted children of how much love and joy filled his heart when he learned they would be joining our family. We had sweet conversations with him and yet we somehow knew that it would be our last. I am thankful the Lord gave my children this last conversation with their great grandpa! They have been left with the message, "You were my crown!" However, it's not enough for children to know they are a blessing to their family. I want to make sure that everything I do encourages my children to delight in the glory of their father. I want to carefully guard them from the message of the world that says fathers are clumsy and disconnected. There is a peace that invades our hearts and homes when we live as God intended... when we see children as a blessing and fathers as the glory of children.

If this seems foreign to you, feel free to write me a note with your question and I will share how the Lord has personally led us. We delight in the Truth that we are a blessing to our fathers. We know the Joy as we strive to live within the blessings of their leadership.

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment