Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Moment in Proverbs 7/15/09

I really must giggle at myself. Yesterday, I wrote about Proverbs 17: 6 because I thought I was reading chapter 14! I didn't realize I had the wrong chapter until this morning when I went to review some thoughts and couldn't find the verse I was looking for. I just dismissed it until I came to share with you today and noticed what I did! Anytime in the Word is blessed no matter what chapter I am on however, just for the record, I didn't realize I was on the 'wrong' chapter! It will be exciting when we get to heaven and realize how someone, including me, needed that verse at that moment. Won't it be fun to know as we have been known?

With all that said, let’s enjoy the 'right' Proverbs for today: Chapter 15

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

Proverbs 15: 3

The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

It is important to teach our children not to only be governed by parents, authorities or laws they can see. We must teach our children that the Lord is always watching, always caring about each choice we make. God is interested in our heart condition not merely the right answer when others are around. If we love Him, we will obey Him. (John 14:15; 14:23). If we fail to communicate this message, we will witness children who only do what is right when people are listening, watching or when they think they will get caught. If you have a child that only does what is right when you are around thank the Lord that He is allowing you to help and pray for your child now. Find moments to communicate this Truth to your child. Remind them of how the Lord desires to bless those that keep His commandments (Deut. Chapter 7). The Lord shows mercy to those that love Him (Deut. 5:10). Make sure they understand that we can "say" we love God but our actions will show that love(Matt. 21:28) . There are so many wonderful teaching moments to convey this Truth. It is a message that must be repeated over and over again for our sinful nature always desires to do that which we know we should not do! By God's grace we can overcome our sin and walk in victory. Let our homes radiate that message to the world!







No comments:

Post a Comment