Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Thursday, July 16, 2009

Our family's five "Momfinitions"

Bekah and I came across a fun contest today at:http://www.parentsconnect.com/articles/mom-definitions.jhtml I would love to hear your family "Momfinitions" too so let me know that you have posted and your site as well! Have fun!

Here are the links for your reference:

http://www.parentsconnect.com/articles/mom-definitions.jhtml

http://www.twittermoms.com/forum/topics/fun-easy-contest-write-5

1. Mobbish

M.O.M. Definition: Mobbish (mob-ish) verb: Child's behavior that resembles slight similarities to mob activity. ie: swinging the cat by his tail in hopes that it returns like a boomerang.

M.O.M. Sentence: "Johnny if you continue your mobbish activities I will have no choice but to call your father aka: The Family Police!"

M.O.M. Daily Application: I have seven boys do I need to say more?

2. Oddphobia

M.O.M. Definition: Oddphobia (ODD-f-O-B-E-ah) adjective: fear of odd numbers especially in age.

M.O.M. Sentence: "My Oddphobia disorder keeps me from being able to only eat one piece of cake!"

M.O.M. Daily Application: (real moment from our home) As Matthew approached his fifth birthday he seemed disappointed. When I questioned him he said, "Momma? Can't I please just skip five and be six?" I replied, "No son, you must be five first. Why don't you want to be five?" After a pause and with a discouraged countenance Matthew said, "Because five is odd and I don't want to be odd Mommy"


3. Gahmany

M.O.M. Definition: Gahmany (g-ah-ma-nee) adjective: An overwhelming feeling of "Oh my Gosh! I can't believe I'm me!" especially when life moments catch you by surprise. Most commonly felt in moments of intense stress, disaster, or embarrassment.

M.O.M. Sentence: "Gahmany! Not again?!?!" As I stare into the toilet filled with Lego’s, doll parts, matchbox cars and toothbrushes.

M.O.M. Daily Application: Anytime you can't find the 'right' word to express your thoughts on a matter just reply, "Gahmany!"

4. Ammit

M.O.M. Definition: Ammit (a-m-it) verb: a cute and adorable way to say that you didn't do something that wasn't so cute and adorable

M.O.M. Sentence: "Tommy don't feed your food to the dog." "I ammit mom!"

M.O.M. Daily Application: When a child’s words begin to slur together normally because they are being asked to do the unthinkable. ie: take a bath, wear clean socks or actually go to bed on time

5. Baffaloo

M.O.M. Definition: Baffaloo (ba-f-a-loo) noun: most commonly known as a Buffalo

M.O.M. Sentence: (real moment from our home) "Dear Jason, on our trip to Kansas we saw many Baffaloo’s. They were awesome!"

M.O.M. Daily Application: In the world of true children all animals need new names. They think the ones adults came up with are just boring and hard to pronounce!

No comments:

Post a Comment