Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Moment in Proverbs 7/11/09

Proverbs 11: 16

A gracious woman retaineth honour; and strong men retain riches.

According to the American Dictionary of the English Language Noah Webster 1828, gracious is defined as: Favorable; kind; friendly; benevolent; merciful; disposed to forgive offenses and impart unmerited blessings. Expressing kindness and favor. Proceeding from divine grace. Virtuous; good; excellent; graceful; becoming. Renewed or implanted by grace

I particularly enjoy considering what a gracious woman looks like in the sight of God. I believe that for me to hold the heart of my child I must retain my honor as a handmaiden of the King. How would a gracious woman conduct her daily affairs? I encourage you to ponder and carefully consider how you view your household duties in light of being a gracious woman who retains honor.

Here are a few questions that I can always ask myself as I seek to glorify Him in my home.

Gentle- Do I live in a gentle manner with my actions and words?

Respectful- do I show respect to my husband in word and deed? Or do I think he needs to 'earn' my respect?

Affectionate- Am I affectionate toward my children or have I somehow come to believe that they no longer need to see my love displayed to them? Do I take time to love others as instructed in 1 Cor.?

Compassionate- Do I make time to consider others before myself, to bear their burdens, and hear their concerns. Or am I blind to the needs of those around me?

Innocence- Do I encourage an environment that is innocent of evil? Do I protect my children's innocence by what I allow in my home?

Organized- Do I plan my day according to His leading? Am I flexible yet resolved so that His plan is being accomplished?

Unpresumptuous- am I rash or do I conduct myself modestly? Do I humble myself in the sight or God? Do I live a quiet life?

Steadfast-Do I prayerfully plan and prepare my day activities and conversations with others? Do I remain steady and committed to His plan for our lives even when the storms of life come?

No comments:

Post a Comment