Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Friday, July 10, 2009

A Moment in Proverbs 7/10/09

Proverbs 10: 7

The memory of the just is blessed; but the name of the wicked shall rot.

Often I share with the children about their grandpa, great grandpa and even their great-great grandfather who loved the Lord. I don't only share my memories of special moments. I share their grandfather's favorite passage of the Bible, his birthday Proverbs, and often read from old Bibles that I have inherited from them. It is a delight to talk about the great patriarchs of our family! Truly the memory of the just is blessed! However, the opposite is true for those that reject God. Today, I heard about a debate in Germany regarding a tree that was planted in 1947 in honor of a man that did wickedly. The present leader would like to remove the tree and is making the proposal to the people to do so. As I considered the Truth of this passage I found it interesting that even landmarks such as trees are despised when they represent the wicked. The name of the wicked and anything that stands to represent them truly does rot!

Side note: I have written in my Bible the favorite passages and birthday Proverbs for those in our family. For example, if you were to read my Bible you would see a side note next to Romans ch. 12 saying that this was one of Grandpa Raymond’s favorite chapters to read. I do this not because I am afraid I will forget but so that my children and my children's children do not forget. I encourage you to do the same. Leave a message to those that have not yet been born about your love for God and His Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment