Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Moment in Proverbs 7/8/09 and 7/9/09

Yesterday's proverbs didn't get posted so I decided to post both today. It is our desire to share a moment in Proverbs with you throughout the week. I hope our sharing stirs up a desire in your heart to search for Wisdom!

Proverbs 8:17

I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

As a mother we can find that our days zoom by at the speed of light. We must purpose to seek the Lord early in the morning or we may never find a quiet moment to sit at His feet. I encourage you to wake early, even if it is only 15 minutes early, to have some time alone with your Savior. You will find these few moments can be the building blocks that keep your day from crumbling. Yes, the trials still come but you have girded yourself with Truth and set your mind on His plan instead of your own.

Proverbs 9:8

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man and he will love thee. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wise: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

Correcting our children does not only help them learn but it can also show us the state of their heart. When I correct my child do I see them get wiser or do I see them get angry and resentful toward me? Consider what you see and then take it to prayer. Ask the Lord for ideas on how to teach your child to respond to correction as a wise man and not a scorner. It is also important for us to share this passage with our children so they can be aware of their sin, the sin of refusing correction. They can compare the fool to the wise man and then compare their own responses to correction and see 'who' they are! Only God can change hearts but we are wise to watch carefully and prayerfully guide our children in Righteousness!



No comments:

Post a Comment