Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Wednesday, March 31, 2010

M.O.M.'s Mailbox- Homemade Diaper Wipes

Good Afternoon Friends!
It's a beautiful sunny day here in KS! Joe and the boys are out working on creating a picnic area for the family as well as friends. I have given Ezekiel a much needed haircut today and the girls were seen a moment ago walking their horses up the road to collect the mail. I am blessed! Today I wanted to share with you a question that came through a visit with a friend.

I had the pleasure of visiting with a sweet friend and young momma last week. I promised her I would post this recipe for her use and yours. These are great to use for diaper changing time as well as in the car for quick clean ups. I have been very happy the ease of making these and knowing that they are safe for our children. If you have a homemade diaper wipe recipe, I would love to hear from you.
With much love,
Mrs. Joseph Wood

Question: Can I have your homemade recipe for diaper wipes?

Answer: Absolutely! This will make two batches. Enjoy!

First, take a roll of Bounty paper towels and cut it in half.
Then get yourself a large bowl and add the following ingredients:
4 Cups of water
4 drops of tea tree oil (to prevent mold)
4 Tbs of a natural baby wash (I use Melaleuca's Koala pals body wash)
4 Tbs of coconut oil (use the organic gold label from Tropical Traditions)

You mix all these ingredients together and then divide in half (two separate bowls) place your paper towels, still on the roll, in each bowl and let it absorb mixture. I then place this inside an old diaper wipe container (the cheap ones that are tall) so you can simply pull your diaper wipe out just like you would a commercial diaper wipe.

Note: I have also made up this recipe without soaking the paper towels in it. Instead, I used cloth wash rags and would simply get my cloth wet and then use as needed. This did make for more work in the laundry and extra time. Sometimes I just don't have that time and the ease of the paper towels already prepared is a blessing. Use as it works best for your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment