Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Wednesday, March 10, 2010

M.O.M.'s Mailbox- First Aid Kits

Question: Would you mind sharing what you keep in your first aid kit and why?


Answer: I would love to share. Keep in mind that my first aid kit is always growing as I learn more and more about what God has given us for every good purpose. With that said, I will list the items in our kit below and put explanations by the ones I think might be needed.

Besides our band aids, bandages, tape, gauzes, ace bandage, latex free gloves, scissors, and tweezers, we have the following in our first aid kit. I must confess that I am not big on band aids so I don’t replace them very often.

Charcoal- This is great to use for food poisoning or suspicion if your child decided to eat the ‘pretty fruit’ on an unknown plant. You can read more about it here: http://www.natural-holistic-health.com/the-benefits-of-activated-charcoal/ I buy my Charcoal from Azure Standard; I love shopping with this company! http://www.azurestandard.com/

Tea Tree Oil- one of the first things we put on cuts to keep it free of infection. You can learn more about it by visiting this site: http://www.homeremediesweb.com/tea_tree_oil_health_benefits.php I purchase mine from Melaleuca. Another company that I truly love shopping with. We have been customers of theirs for the last five years. My Joe says that I am not allowed to shop anywhere else for our household products, he loves them too! Now, when my husband has an opinion about where I shop, you know it must be good!

Vinegar of the Four Thieves- diluted to half strength and put in a spray bottle for a natural insect repellent. This is also great to spray on socks and/or cloth when hiking through the woods to keep ticks, chiggers and other pests away. We make our own. I will post the directions to this later next week.

Coconut oil insect repellent- This is one of my children’s favorite repellents. It works great and doesn’t have any unwanted odor. My Beth-Joy wouldn't want to use anything other than the coconut oil insect repellent from Tropical Traditions. Last year was the first season for us to put it to the test and it proved to work amazingly better than anything else we have tried. You can visit them at: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/


Plantain- This is one of my daughter, Beth-Joy’s, favorite herbs. It is great to use for insect bites and/or stings. You can read more about it by visiting: http://www.brighthub.com/health/alternative-medicine/articles/27468.aspx

Sunscreen

Pain a Trate- This is a must have product for sore muscles such as back aches after a long walk caring the baby. Another product we enjoy from Melaleuca

Mel a gel- After we apply tea tree oil we will put mel-a-gel on any wounds. We have found they heal faster and don’t have problems with infections. This is also from Melaleuca.

Antibacterial wipes- Don’t over use antibacterial soap. I believe that anytime we overdo something, even good things, we can find that it causes problems. Again, we get ours from Melaleuca.

I don’t like using over the counter pain killers. For our family of 12 it may seem surprising but we don’t even use a full bottle of pain killers a year. First, we seldom get hurt and secondly, I really try to find other methods of relief, using pain medicine as a last resort.

IB profin

Tylenol

Children’s Motrin

Children’s Tylenol

No comments:

Post a Comment