Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Friday, September 4, 2009

A Moment of Training 9/04/09

Hello Friends!
This week the Lord impressed upon my heart to give the children a visual and tasty :-) lesson in always being ready for His return. I pray you are encouraged! 




Here's what happened: 

All the children were sitting in the living room waiting for Bible Study when I entered with cookies in my hand and said, "Who has wholeheartidly lived for God today?" A child would raise their hand and I would ask, "Really? You did all your chores as unto the Lord? Did you esteem others better than yourself? Did you joyfully serve your family?" Some children answered yes and were given a cookie. Others responded with a face of disappointment and said, "No..I didn't live wholeheartidly for the Lord momma. I could have done much better." "Okay, well thank you for being honest. I am not telling anyone what their answer is, only you and the Lord know the Truth." As I sat down I reminded the children that Jesus was returning and His reward was with Him (Isaiah 62:11). We also pointed out that His reward was much more than a cookie. We had a wonderful family discussion and everyone was given another cookie as we discussed ways to help each other remember to live each moment for the Lord.  This morning I overheard the children talking about the return of Christ. With excitement they were encouraging each other in well doing and I too was encouraged! 

Dear Friends, when Jesus came to Earth he spoke to the people through parables that they could relate too. We need to remember to do the same in our child training techniques. Take time to consider how you can share Truth in a memorable way with your little ones. The Father is faithful and He will give you training moments that will yield a bountiful crop of Righteousness! 

With much love, 
Mrs. Joseph Wood

2 comments:

  1. GREAT object lesson! I love it! Thanks for the idea! It's hard to explain to the children that there are rewards in heaven that are worth striving for. It seems so far off and distant that it's hard to "motivate" them with that thought - though I do tell them. Thanks for the pratical idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a teenager son. I am a single mom who tried to raise up my son with Biblical values and a solid foundation of God's love. I know how difficult teenage boys can be but when I read your blog I feel so bad because I can not any longer be the loving mother I once was to a boy who treats me with disrespect and disobedience. He gets nothing for his behavior except my disappointed responses. He says he is gone all the time because I am so terrible. Granted I am angry at him becuase he doesn't follow anything I ask of him. We have drifted apart. My once love of my life is now my biggest heart ache. I pray for him and give my sorrow over to God to give me strength to get through this time of his life. I'm afraid I might lose him to the evil one if I haven't already. Sometimes he behaves like he loves the Lord still but 80% of the time he acts like somone else raised him, like his absent father. If anyone is struggling with these same issues maybe we could pray for each other and remember to have a greatful heart, being a loving person, but not accepting the disrespect but praying and asking for... I don't know anymore. What kind of behavior is a fatherless son who has been raised in love but has strayed from the foundation be expected to behave?? Does this make sense!!

    ReplyDelete