Yesterday the girls and I were going through some old files and notebooks when we came across a journal of my writings. Some of the articles were of Spiritual encouragement, some were journal entries, others of practical living and then others were just funny facts of life in a home with 10 active and lively children! This article brought laughter to our home as we chatted about the events described. We hope it brings a smile to your day- Enjoy! Don't forget to share your 'strange moments;' we love hearing from other families!
Do you ever feel like your children do the strangest things? Well, I can recall a few strange moments myself. Life as a mommy to 7 very busy boys and 3 giggling girls is always adventurous! Today the children were reminding me that even Thomas Edison sat on goose eggs to see what would happen. I think they were trying to tell me that these 'strange moments' could actually be a sign of intelligence! We all have funny, head shaking, speechless moments in motherhood. Some I can easily recall while others have been forgotten for the sake of everyone's benefit! :-)
- Trampoline Tag in the dark.
- Elmer Glue Facial.
- Feeding the VCR a bologna sandwich and Capri juice straw.
- Introducing a magnet to our family computer
- Rocks in swim shorts (actually daddy and his friend were the culprits in this strange moment)
- Making a homemade volcano that has paint added to the mixture and setting it off in the main bathroom
- Duct taping a child 3 feet up on the bedroom wall to see how long the duct tape can hold them.