- First it was a mouse that ate the wires to the dishwasher. That's fine we'll just wash dishes by hand.
- After that I noticed the garbage disposal was leaking. I was delighted to find one at a yard sale. Joe went to all the trouble to hook it up for me only to discover it leaked also! We decided a bucket underneath it would work just fine for now.
- Then we had the refrigerator start to leak. Again, no biggie! We'll just disconnect the ice maker and water function.
- After that it was the stove which we replaced with a look alike from craigslist. It wasn't in the house 24 hours when someone cracked the glass top when a spice jar fell from the cabinet above.
- Then we had the microwave that decided to just go asleep and never wake up. No problem, I didn't use it for much except heating water from time to time.
- The coffee pot also decided to 'die' on me. Maybe that was for my own good I thought.
- Then a few days ago one of the children tripped and in an attempt to catch themselves slammed their hand right through the top of the glass stove top.. AGAIN! He was okay, just a couple of cuts on two fingers but nothing serious. (Thank the Lord!)
So, that makes it official ALL of my kitchen appliances have 'died'! I could be upset, grumble, and complain or I could just embrace it with a smile and bring back some memories of 'yesterday' for my family. I choose to do the later.
Ingredients: (all can be purchased at Azure Standard)
5 lb bag of organic russet potatoes, sliced (QP140)
1 yellow onion, chopped (QP018)
1 package of sweet peppers (QP306)
1/2 cup of Salsa (CO043)
Real Salt to taste (BP064)
Organic Pepper to taste (HS435)
1 dozen Farm Fresh eggs (DP087)
2 cups of Raw Organic Cheese (CH095)
1/4 cup of Coconut Oil (OL095)
Prepare your fire safely and wait for it to 'settle' (no longer just getting started, not roaring, but burning consistently). This fire is still not quite ready. We waited for it to 'settle' but forgot to take a picture of that.
In a cast iron pan put your coconut oil and sliced potatoes together and cook till tender. Then add your onions, sweet peppers and cook for a few minutes.
The finished product:
Mrs. Joseph Wood