Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Moment in Proverbs- Proverbs 16:23

Proverbs 16:23 The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips

Yesterday, I shared about the tongue and the proper use of it as laid out in Proverbs 15. Today, I would like to bring our attention to verse 23 of chapter 16. “The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth” As I alluded to yesterday, our conversation exposes who we are. Jesus reminded the disciples that it was not what went into the belly that defiled a man rather, that which came out of the mouth for it comes from the heart (Matthew 15: 15-20). Solomon reminds us in this proverbs that it is our heart that teaches our mouth how to speak therefore, in order to have victory over my speech I must first get victory in my heart! When my heart is humble before the Lord then and only then will I be able to add learning to my lips.

Prayer: Lord keep us ever humble before you. Let us always be in awe of your awesome wonder and consider your great love toward man! Lord as we direct our hearts toward you, we know that our conversation will also be directed towards you. May our hearts add learning to our lips all for your glory! In Jesus Name we pray… amen!

Because of His Love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment