Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Monday, November 15, 2010

A Moment in Proverbs- Proverbs 15: 10

Proverbs 15:10 “Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.”

I overheard a mom say to her child, “If you don’t listen to my voice when I correct you or call you, then when the time comes that it is an emergency, you may die if you don’t listen to my words.” She went on to explain, “What if you continue to ignore my words, but one day I see you stepping into traffic and call out to you to stop, but you ignore may call and the car I could see coming hit you and killed you? How could I help you then?”

As I heard her say this to her child, I wondered if this was just what this passage was referring to. How often does God warn us or give us instruction in how we should handle things, but because we chose to ignore His leading we step out on our own and find ourselves in desperate situations or even, we are faced with loss or death?

Our scripture is God’s Word and it is for our instruction for life and righteous living so that we will be thoroughly equipped to do as He leads (see2 Timothy 3:15-17). Brother and sister let us not be one who hateth reproof and reject His instructions; but if we find that we have ignored His leading, let us remember that He chastises those he loves and His mercies are new every morning.

Abiding Still

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this mom! Even though I was that "mom" you speak of I ALWAYS need encouragement to continue expecting and training the children in first time, immediate obedience!

    ReplyDelete