Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Friday, November 12, 2010

Real Moments with M.O.M.- Ramblings from my heart

Hello Friends!
Have you ever felt like your heart was so full of this and that, that you couldn’t even put it down on paper clearly much less speak it? It’s not that it’s bad.. just full… very full! Well, that’s me! Let me start with what is most pressing and go from there.

My sweet momma is having surgery for renal cancer today. If the Lord should bring her to mind would you pray for her, daddy and our family as a whole? I would appreciate knowing that the Body of Christ would pray for us. In fact, last week as I prayed for God to pour out His love to them I received and email from one of our readers offering to help in any way. She will be taking momma and daddy a meal today. I can’t tell you how much that blessed me!! I had planned to be in CA with all the children so we could care for momma and celebrate the Thanksgiving season. However, the Lord made it clear that we were not to go at this time. Oh, that was a hard decision to make! When we have the recourses and desire to do something and yet God says, “No, not now.”  I know Him as the only one worthy of my trust. I know that He loves my momma tenderly and I know that He will care for her passionately!

Someone asked me if I had changed my signature since you are seeing a great many posts titled, A Moment in Proverbs, and signed by: Abiding Still. That is my sweet momma sharing. Any posts by me will continue to say, Mrs. Joseph Wood. In fact, momma called me last night and got onto me for not posting more on the site. She loves to read what I write. I always say her and daddy are my “biggest fans” :-) I do have several emails that I’ve answered and some heart sharing I want to post. I have just been busy trying to help my Joe get his business going, caring for the kids, moving farm animals around, preparing for winter and well… trying to find time to breath  as well! I’ll get it all worked out and our scheduled revised so that I can orderly and effectively do all that God has blessed me with at this Season in my life. I love sharing with each of you women and I love the sharing you do with me too!

I guess that brings us to a good point. Seasons of life change and when they do we need to be flexible to learn, grow and revise the schedule so that we can bear the fruit due in the season we’re living. I am learning how to do this. In fact, it seems to be the theme for me this year. I praise Him that no matter what the Season, He is the one that makes all things to grow, bloom, develop and come to maturation!
With much love,
Mrs. Joseph Wood

4 comments:

  1. We will be praying here. It sounds like you have one wonderful momma.

    blessings,
    tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sweet friend!!! I am so sorry to hear that your precious trip has been canceled! I know how much you were looking forward to it. God has a plan for everything and our everyday. Its so hard when we find out that the path we are on isn't the one that the Lord has in mind for the moment.

    I know it must be hard for you not to be with your mom while she is dealing with her surgery. Will and I are praying everyday for all of you. We are praying for healing for your mama and peace for all of you.

    Please tell your mama that she is a wonderful writer! I thought all of the proverbs articles were yours! I love them. They are such a blessing to me. I have missed your articles as well but certainly can relate to life preventing you from writing...there is so much on your plate right now...wow!

    You are all in my prayers!

    Blessings!

    Mary Joy

    P.S. Love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies!! Momma is doing the best to be expected. There are times I call and hear that she's resting, times that she's in pain, and other times that she is feeling better. I know the Lord has already made the provision for her and I trust Him!
    Mrs. Joseph Wood

    ReplyDelete