Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Monday, September 20, 2010

M.O.M.’s Mailbox- To Homeschool or not?

Question: I have been reading your blog for a while now and I have a question. My kids go to public school and have for the past 3 years. They do well, are very well liked by their teachers and peers. They get great grades and even have won Student of the Month. But I have feel God leading me to pull them out and homeschool them. I feel that I failed them and have "ruined" them by letting them go to school ..What is your opinion?

Answer: I would encourage you to do what God is leading you to do in spite of how things look with your human eyes. Have you talked with your husband about this? What are His thoughts?
I understand your dilemma, because I have done it all too often, we look with our human eyes to try and understand why God is leading us to do something. However, God wants us to obey His voice because of our Faith and trust in Him not because we trust in what we see. 

Isaiah 55: 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

You asked what my opinion was, I believe that each of us must do what God leads us to do or we are walking in disobedience. It’s that simple. When I remind myself of this Truth, I begin to break the big issues down into basic steps of obedience. Walking in disobedience is a place I don't ever want to walk. I believe that His grace is much larger than my mistakes and that even if I do "fail" He is there to offer restoration and hope when I do as He leads me. I am confident that there is a spiritual battle for our children and it's not with the teacher or a specific school district or anything else tangible. This battle is about who and how these children will be trained and taught. Satan desires to steal, kill, and destroy yet God has come to give us life and give it to us more abundantly. Satan wants to destroy the family, to pull children's hearts away from their parents and pull parents hearts away from their children. He uses a variety of tools to do this therefore, we must be on constant guard. Continue praying; I will pray with you. Let me know if you have any other questions. I would love to hear how the Lord leads you.


With much love,
Mrs. Joseph Wood

1 comment:

  1. You are right! There is so much to fog our thinking about our children's education as we see there academic "success" in the public school system. It can be so confusing and each family must make their own decision in discovering the direction that God is leading them.

    After much prayer and discussion as a husband/wife--father/mother team...we have decided to begin homeschooling our 7 yr old and 3 yr old next Fall. We are spending this year doing the research, gathering and figuring out the curriculum and determining a schedule and such. The decision was challenging but we are excited about the direction we are going now.

    God is calling me out of my comfort zone in other areas of my life as well...sigh...what an exciting time this is!!

    ReplyDelete