Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Saturday, August 28, 2010

M.O.M.’s Mailbox- Help for those who’ve had an abortion

This note came to me yesterday in response to my post, “Overcoming your past”. I hope that by posting this it can help others.

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

Mrs. Woods,

    Hi! My name is Allison and I'm a reader of your blog and on your friend list on Facebook. I wanted to write to you in regards to overcoming your past. I am someone who at age 21 had an abortion. I regretted it every single day. I got saved at 24, and while I felt saved, I couldn't forgive myself for my abortion. I took a class at my church and FINALLY found peace!! The class is called SaveOne and it is a 12 week class that goes over who God is, taking responsibility, healing from the emotions that surround your abortion (guilt, anger, etc) finding and offering forgiveness (to yourself and those involved) and finally giving your baby a ceremony.

    I'm now 30 years old and speak out against abortion and also lead the SaveOne class at my church. This 12 weeks I have three ladies attending- each with different stories. One aborted in the second trimester because her child had severe medical problems, one was pressured into it by her parents, and one is a 65 year old lady who was held down by her doctor and forced to do it back in the 60's before abortion was even legal. But the one thing they have in common is the pain, regret, guilt, and sadness regarding their abortion.
    Statistics show that 1 in 3 women will have had an abortion by the time they are 45 years old. That's 1/3 of the population!!! Many women live with the pain and regret in silence, not sure of where to go. Pro-choice people tell them to get over their emotions, that they did nothing wrong. Pro-life people can make them feel worse, because they killed their baby. They can suffer from something called Post Abortion Syndrome (list of symptoms can be found here: (http://www.postabortionsyndrome.org/post_abortion_syndrome_symptoms.html)

    I would ask that you reach out to your readers...many of them could be suffering in silence, not sure where to turn for fear of being judged. They can go to the SaveOne website and find a chapter near them that will offer healing based on Biblical principals. If there isn't a SaveOne class near them, they can go through the book with a counselor from the main center via phone. This is a FREE service, the only cost is $15.00 for the book they will use.

    Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. I know this is a sensitive subject, but I truly believe in helping these women! The pro-choice movement is NOT telling these women the TRUTH of what abortion actually is, what their other options really are, and the lasting emotional and physical effects that can linger. When you are in a crisis pregnancy it is easy to be pressured into something.  If you would like to read my testimony regarding my abortion, it is here (scroll down and read "Allison's Story")  http://www.pauldingpregnancy.org/abortion_14.html
    Thank you,
    Allison


Here is the website to offer to women to find a chapter near them. If they cannot find one near them they can contact them:
    SaveOne
    P.O. Box 95043
    N Little Rock, AR 72190
    USA
    Phone: 501-681-8979
    Fax: 708-777-5342
    Email: Info@saveone.org
   

To locate a chapter:

http://saveone.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29&Itemid=6&chapter=all&phpMyAdmin=hZlmiqd7sJMxBbrQjaBfgyUDsSa

No comments:

Post a Comment