Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Monday, August 30, 2010

Real Moments with M.O.M.- Pear Picking

pears-285x300 Good Morning Friends!

This last week we were richly blessed to go and harvest pears from a friends mother’s home! I love how God provides these opportunities. The weather wasn’t too terribly hot, especially under the shade of the trees. The company couldn’t have been better. I had my Bekah girl, Elisha, Sarah-Grace, Samuel and Matthew with me. We divided up in teams and each took a tree. With some team cheers, giggles, hard work, fun conversation and team work we were finished in no time at all! In fact, I believe we collected almost 300lbs of pears in just a little over an hour! We appreciated the butterflies that fluttered around us as we worked, the friendships within our family and the blessings God continues to graciously pour out on our family!

Once home we decided that we would be making pear sauce, and pear crisps with them! It was a great deal of work, but delightful work at that! At one point Ezekiel said, “Mom, you make everything look easy.” It got me thinking about “why” and “how”. I think I will save that for another post however. We’ve made pear butter in the past but I don’t think that is on our list for this year. The home smells delicious! Cinnamon and pear together is a heavenly combination! We have given half of them to friends and neighbors as gifts, made over 20 pear crisps and have a huge crock pot of pear sauce cooking as I type. We still have 100lbs of pears to process this week and are looking forward to putting away these delightful fall treats for a warm winter dessert!

If you would like to make the pear crisp we have been working on you can find the recipe here: thepioneerwoman.com  I must confess, I am terrible at following directions (yes, it’s my weakness) so I just looked at what she used and then threw it all together without any measuring. It was still delicious, very delicious!!

Well, friends I must end my note for now. My children are sitting around me with their Bibles in hand waiting or me to read the Bible to them. I am blessed!!

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment