Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Moment in M.O.M.’s Kitchen- Wonderful Whole Wheat Bread

Last weekend Erin had asked me to post our basic bread recipe. This is the main bread that we eat each day. If you have any questions about the recipe, let me know and I would be delighted to help you. Enjoy!

Wonderful Whole Wheat Bread
Ingredients:
3 Cups warm water
1 1/2 Tbs of yeast
3/4 Cup Raw Honey
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1 Tbs salt
9-12 Cups Prairie Gold Wheat
Equipment:
Grinder
Mixer
3 Bread pans– we use stone bread pans.
Directions:
Prove yeast as discussed in class. Then add remaining honey, oil, salt and mix well. With your mixer set to a slow speed add your flour one cup at a time. You want to stop adding flour when it pulls away from the sides but not too dry. Roll out on a floured surface then divide equally into 2-3 loaves and place seam down into your greased bread pans. Let rise for 1 hour then bake at 350 until golden brown. Let cool on cooling rack.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this recipe! I haven't gotten a chance to try it because I wanted to wait until I bought Coconut Oil. I did wonder why you use it? I glanced at the back and compared it to vegetable oil and it didn't seem to be better? Maybe I wasn't looking at the right kind? Also, I wanted to ask you another question about babies/children and bedtime, but I wasn't sure how to ask you without doing it like this? I am just curious how you handle putting your babies/toddlers down for nap or bedtime.
    Thanks for all of your wise words and encouragement, I look forward to reading your blog everyday!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a comment post a few days back from my Wife's (Tammy) computer. I do not remember having to typo a word verification so maybe it did not go through. If you want to respond to me directly you can send via my contact info here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Garbarino, I'm sorry I never saw that comment and I don't see your contact details. I did try to go to your blog and leave a comment and I couldn't get the comment feature to work. I'm sorry for all the hassle. Feel free to write to me using the mailbox on the right side of the page that will send you to my email account and I'll be able to reply to you there! Have a wonderful day!!
    Mrs. Joseph Wood

    ReplyDelete