Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Tuesday, April 20, 2010

M.O.M’s Mailbox- A Bucket List?

old_bucket Question: Do you have a bucket list?

Answer: No. God has already given us a list of what He requires of His people before His return. If He was to return or take me Home at this very moment I would have no regrets. I would know I was living to my fullest for His Glory by His Grace.People have the 100 or 101 things they want to do before they die. I looked up a few online and here are some things I found:

  • Write a script for a T.V. Show
  • Go Camping
  • Learn to Dance
  • Swim with a Whale
  • Visit another Country

I wonder what on that list will really matter when they stand before the KING of KINGS?  Does this mean that I go aimlessly about my days and life. Absolutely not! I am a very organized person and love to set goals for myself. I do keep a journal where I write about my days, what I feel the Lord is leading me to do and what passages in Scripture are having meaning to me in my day and how. I have also kept a “done” list from time to time to see if I am staying on track for the home duties. I just write down all I do in a day and at the end of the day consider where I could have used my time more effectively. I also keep posty notes with a list of tasks that I need to get done today, this week, month, and so on. My daughter, Bekah teases me about all the notes I leave for myself. I run a very busy home and farm. I have found that to be effective I must have my notes to remind me of what all needed to be accomplished for the day. HOWEVER, I don’t live in bondage to these notes. I don’t wake up to accomplish my list or live to accomplish my list. I live to accomplish His! I am flexible for God to rearrange my day at any moment. I know that His thoughts and plans are much greater than I. If I live with Him as my priority then no bucket list is required.

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know what a "bucket" list was until recently. I also do not have one. I strive to simply follow along wherever the Lord chooses to lead me and do my best along the way! As you stated, I hardly think that any worldly type goals are going to matter when I get home anyway!

    ReplyDelete