Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Monday, March 29, 2010

A Moment in M.O.M.'s Garden- Organic Garden Ponderings...

Good Morning Friends!
Actually, it's almost noon here in my house. We've had a busy start to our day. Up at 4:30, off to get grain (1 and 1/2 Hour drive), milking and feeding done. Gathered a good dozen or more eggs, breakfast is done and cleaned up (scrambled farm eggs with sprouted English muffins), the chain saw has been humming as Joe and the boys cleaned out a new picnic area for our family to enjoy. Oh, there has been so much more activity  today and yet, we have much more to accomplish. I love to work! I feel useful, productive and alive when I work! Some days I might need an extra cup of coffee to keep me going and other days I may feel like not much was accomplished for all the effort I put out. However, all in all, it works out and eventually I get done what I am trying to accomplish... eventually!

This week, I am going to focus on our Garden. I am so excited we have sunshine so I can get out there and make a reality to these plans we have worked on through the cold winter months. Joe was on the road and picked up a farm magazine that spoke at great lengths about the "organic movement" that is becoming a "force to be reckoned with". Anyone that knows me knows I am not a fanatic however, I am passionate and gravely concerned about the food that is being fed to our children. I care about what I feed to my animals and plants because I know it is going to go into the bodies of my precious children and husband. However, I didn't grow up this way! I grew up with the traditional American diet enjoying all it's delicacies. I was in my mid twenties before I learned that you can make a cake without Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker (and no, that is not an exaggeration!). I was probably in my early 30's before I learned that whole wheat flour and unbleached flour were not just different brands or companies. I am still a work in progress! I am learning, growing, and developing self control on a daily basis. I am constantly battling with choosing what is right and  not what is simply easy or fast. I know that I am not where I want to be yet, I am certainly not where I use to be!  Let my life be an example that  If I can do this so can you!

I have included a link I found with just a few simple organic tips for your garden. There is a wealth of information available. Don't be deceived in believing that healthy food is too expensive. If you're having a hard time with this. Let's talk and I'll share with you how I feed my family economically and healthy at the same time!

With much love,
Mrs. Joseph Wood

Site you might enjoy: http://www.organicgardentips.com/
Informative clip you may enjoy watching:

1 comment:

  1. We are all a work in progress and it is very encouraging to read another person's journey. Thank you so much .

    ReplyDelete