Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Moment in M.O.M.'s Kitchen- A tip from Vickilynn Haycraft


Hello friends!
Recently I asked a dear friend and Sister in Christ, Vickilynn Haycraft,  for a kitchen tip she could share with us. I am delighted to share her note with you today! I have had the privilege of knowing Vickilynn for the last several years. My daughters and I have been blessed by her generous time and effort to teach us healthy cooking tips in the kitchen. I especially enjoyed her lentil burgers and made them for my family in an abundance once I learned how easy and tasty they were. I encourage you to visit Vickilynn's website, I am confident that you too will be blessed! 


May the Lord bless the works of your hands as you minister faithfully to your family! 
Mrs. Joseph Wood


Shalom Sister,

Here's one I've been doing for more than 20 years and I started doing it to save time and money. It works well with my Batch Cooking mindset for all foods.

When cooking dried beans, double the amount needed and cook them overnight in a large crockpot. Freeze the extra for the next time you need cooked beans.

First sort (for little stones) and rinse well (to remove dirt and dust) then place in the crockpot. Completely cover with water. Add a pinch of baking soda (to soften the beans) and a 1/2 teaspoon of dried ginger (to help remove the gas-forming properties) and cook on LOW overnight. In the morning, drain the water from the cooked beans. Use half in your recipe and freeze the other half.

~~In Messiah Yeshua,
Vickilynn Haycraft
Micah 6:8
http://www.realfoodliving.com
http://www.examiner.com/x-9357-Charlotte-Housewares-Examiner
Books: Wrapping It Up!
Naturally Healthy Cuisine; Real Food for Real Families

No comments:

Post a Comment