Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Monday, August 31, 2009

A Moment in Proverbs 0831/09


Proverbs 31: 13 
She seeketh wool, and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. 


Proverbs 31:10-31 clearly outlines the character of a wife that a wise son will find. As mothers we give our sons a clear picture and expectation of what type of woman to consider as a lifelong help meet. We are wise when we cautiously, prayerfully and purposely go about our day. For even in the moments when we have forgotten to set an example, an example has indeed been set. How do we go about our duties at home? Do we work willingly with our hands or do we begrudge the tasks set before us? Consider these questions while you prayerfully and purposefully set the example of the woman God desires for you to be! 


  1. Do I put off tasks that need to be accomplished?
  2. Do I grumble about my duties at home? 
  3. Do I behave as if the 'important' work is outside my home?
  4. Do I work wholeheartedly as unto the Lord or do I rush through the task without attention to detail?
  5. Do I prepare my home and my heart as if I was preparing for and serving the Lord? 
Dear Sisters, we need to work willingly and joyfully in our homes. What is there more important than our ministry at home? You will never be more guaranteed of any ministry you might do than the ministry to your family. They are the people that were hand picked and placed in your home by the Most High God! Do not grow weary in well doing there is such a bountiful and beautiful harvest that awaits all of us who faithfully live by His grace and for His glory!
With much love, 
Mrs. Joseph Wood 

No comments:

Post a Comment