Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Moment in Proverbs 8/22/09

Hello Friends!

There is so much I want to tell you but let's start with our Moments in Proverbs. Later today, I will also be posting a few training moments on how we have trained our children in issues of communication. Lord willing, I will be able to share a few real moments as well. The house is busy today with celebration of Sammy's birthday as well as preparation for my Joe's return home. Life in the Wood's is blessed! I think I got through all the email questions earlier this week. If you sent me a note and didn't get a response try again. Our computer has a mind of it's own at times. Michelle, I did get your email last night and I will reply soon. You and your family are precious!

With that said, let's see if I can get these all posted and caught up on the blog while the house is quiet. Have a wonderful weekend friends!


Proverbs 22:1
A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

I'll never forget the talk my Joe had with me before we were wed. It was all about his family name. He shared his heart about why his name was important to him and then asked me if I would take his last name as my own for the rest of my life. Joe has often talked with the children about their name. The Scriptures tell us that even a child is known by their ways. It is important to teach children while they are young that having a good name, working hard, being honest, having the character of Christ is more imporant than the finest riches on earth!

Don't wait to write this message on your child's heart... write it now!


No comments:

Post a Comment