Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Thursday, August 20, 2009

Life in the Wood's- 8/20/09

Hello Friends!

I tried to come share with you last night however, the Lord just impressed upon my heart to be quiet. If the Lord doesn't impress upon my heart to share there is no purpose in writing. While I love to share the quiet moments, joyful episodes and growing events in our home I desire to be obedient to His leading. I want to share as He leads! Psalm 127: 1 Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. Sound familiar? Oh how I pray that the Lord never lets me do things in vain! Life is too precious to waste on vain moments! I pray for so many of you. I take our time of correspondence seriously and treasure them as gifts from the Father. It is my prayer that we bring Him Glory as we grow in grace!

With that said, let me share what's been happening in the Wood household.

We have recovered from a yucky tummy virus. It was probably the sickest Joe and I have been in years. I am thankful that it was only my Joe and I that were really sick. The children only showed slight symptoms and recovered quickly, praise God! Healing is such a precious gift from the Lord and we thank Him for His mercy toward us!

Farm life has kept us busy. Processing our pasture raised chickens, preparing our does and bucks for breeding season with herbs and good nutrition, property improvements and so much more! Life on the farm is always busy-busy and blessed! I appreciated a verse in Hagai that I was reviewing this morning it says, "Be strong all ye people of the land, saith the Lord, and work; for I am with you." God wants us to be strong and work. He wants us to know that even in the most daunting task, the most impossible situation, He is with us- He will help us! For our family, there is much for us to consider before breeding. I think I will share those details at our Natural Farm Living site. If you are not yet a member you are invited to join us. You can visit: www.covenantranchonline.ning.com Please make mention of where you learned about us when registering.

As far as our home education, the Wood family schools year around. We are witnessing growth in all the children academically, physically and spiritually! Joe has been adding a few extra studies to the children's schedule. I have been blessed by witnessing the fruit of those changes. Beth-Joy and Elisha will begin cross country training with some friends tonight. This is not for competition. The children will only be practicing with them, learning skills they can bring back home for their own personal development. Josiah and Beth-Joy continue to develop their music skills with a wonderful instructor. We were blessed with a beautiful piano recently and Bekah will begin taking lessons soon. It is our family desire to please the Lord with song and instrument!

Well, that sums up "Life in the Wood's" at this moment. I would love to hear what the Lord is doing in each of your homes, share as you can! Joe and I are honored to pray for you and encourage you as the Lord leads.

May your homes be filled with His abundant blessings as you live in His presence!
With much love,
Mrs. Joseph Wood


No comments:

Post a Comment