Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Moment In Proverbs: Proverbs 8:34

Proverbs 8:34,
“Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.”

Blessed are they who listen (Luke 6:46-48 and John 5:23-25)to the Wisdom of the LORD; blessed are they who watch for His Wisdom daily (1Peter 4:6-8 and Revelation 3:2-4)) and blessed are they that wait patiently for His return(Psalms 37:7; Psalms 40: 1-3 and Psalms 130:5-7).  As we draw closer (James 4:8) to the LORD, we will be found waiting for His wisdom to be imparted on us through His Word.  Often the LORD speaks to His people, but they do not hear because they are not being attentive (watchful at the gates) to His Word. 

As we wait upon His Word we are blessed in our waiting, we find the door is opened to us through Christ (John 10:7-9 and Revelation 3:19-21) and we find what we are seeking (Proverbs 8:17).  These are all promises of our LORD and His wisdom.

Questions to ask ourselves as we enter each day:  Am I listening attentively or is His voice muffled by the noise of the world?  Am I watching for His leading or am I going about my business without Him?  Am I waiting patiently upon Him or am I taking matters into my own hands?  Am I enjoying the blessings afforded to me or have I refused His riches? Am I ready for His return or will I be found unprepared?

Prayer:  LORD our prayer this morning is of a very personal nature and you know each heart and mind that is coming before you.  So we wait patiently upon you to impart your wisdom to our hearts and minds.  LORD, where there is hunger in our souls; fill them with your love; where there is darkness from sin; bring your light of forgiveness; where there is lack of knowledge; fill us with your wisdom.  In Jesus’ name we pray, amen.

Abiding Still,

Connie Renfro ©

No comments:

Post a Comment