Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Monday, January 31, 2011

M.O.M.’s Mailbox- Schedule or Routine?

watchQuestion: As I watch other women who seem to accomplish so much, I wonder if I am just not getting something. It seems like chaos at my house. My days are filled with me trying to just stay on top of all the tasks. If I take a moment for myself, everything falls apart. Do you suggest a schedule or a routine for someone like me?

Answer: I suggest a reality check! Please don’t take me wrong, rather hear me out. You’re putting your eyes on what others are doing and not on your personal response to God’s leading in your life. Don’t look at others and judge your success based off of how your day compared to theirs. Please, only evaluate your success based off of your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I firmly believe that we will each be successful in our ministry at home only IF we are doing exactly what God called us to do that day! My success has nothing to do with how much it “looks” like I accomplished and everything to do with my obedience to the Lord’s voice! Here are a few questions I ask myself each night when I evaluate my day: Did I cheerfully do all that He asked of me today? Was I lazy or did I minister to my family faithfully? Did I behave selfishly or demand that my needs get met yet, failed to see the needs of those around me? Did I serve my family with “eye” service or out of my genuine love for the Lord?

I really want to answer your question about a schedule or a routine. I don’t want you to feel I missed the question; I also don’t want you to miss the true key to success in your home! I firmly believe you won’t find an end to the chaos until you prayerfully and faithfully do what God has led YOU to do. It’s wonderful for us to learn from one another, it can also be dangerous. My personality likes a strict schedule however, God has taught me over the years that my family thrives on a routine instead. Again, it comes down to doing what HE has called me to do. The activity of the day changes in the different seasons we might be in. I’ve had plenty of days when I thought he was leading me one way only to find out a “U- Turn” was needed. I’ve always been blessed when I made those “U-turns” and I’ve always be frazzled when I kept plowing ahead to accomplish my own agenda!  Remember, your success has nothing to do with how much it “looks” like you accomplish and EVERYTHING with your obedience to His personal leading for your family!  I know our God is a God of order; I know He desires our homes show His character of order as well!

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

1 comment:

  1. We have a bit of both, schedule and routine. I do like the Maxwell's book Manager's of their Homes--but used it as a guide not a strict scheduler maker.

    ReplyDelete