Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Moment in Proverbs: Proverbs 1:31

Proverbs 1:31

“But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.”

Do you listen for the LORD in the morning? Do you seek Him at noon? Do you spend time with Him in the evening? Do you trust Him for your coming and going? When we hearken to the Word of the LORD, we can be assured that He will lead us to a safe place.

I love the 23rd Psalms where David writes: “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” We who trust in the LORD can take refuge in His Word and know that we will be kept safe in the midst of even our enemies. We can trust for a relationship such as David writes about and we can know that no matter what we face we will find rest.

So, I ask you to consider how you listen, do you seek and will you trust Him for all that concerns you?

Prayer: LORD, cause us to hear your loving kindness in the morning as we come to your feet to learn from your Word. Father, we put our trust in you; show us the way we should walk before you. Our souls long for you and we put our trust in you to restore us. In Jesus’ name we pray, amen.

Abiding Still

1 comment:

  1. :) I really liked this, thanks again :)

    I was struck by this verse in my reading of the proverb as well - because of the verse above it saying that fools will die if they do not listen.

    I have noticed a difference when i have time to read the bible 3 times a day, and when I dont make time to - and my amount of being able to really hear God :)

    ReplyDelete