Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Monday, November 8, 2010

A Moment in Proverbs- Proverbs 8:1-3

Proverbs 8:1-3, “Doth not wisdom cry? And understanding put forth her voice? She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths. She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.”

Being raised on a farm most of my life, I reflect back on the times I heard my grandmother call out from her porch to the family member she needed or to the animals she was about to feed. Her call was loud and clear and had a special pitch for each person. I remember her calling the chickens and they were simply, “Here chick-chick-chick” and I’d hear her call after grandpa, “Al---------Bert”, with an upturn in her voice to the “Bert.” When the call was heard, every ear turned to the sound to see who she was calling. Even if it was not me in particular, I was curious enough to go check just to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.

As I read this passage today, I hear the voice of wisdom calling out in a voice each person understands to be their special call. I see that we are to perk up our ears as others are being called to wisdom because there may be a message there for us too!

The world often thinks wisdom is hidden and cannot be found, but I believe wisdom is available for all who will listen. I believe wisdom is like a light upon a hill that calls to the sojourner to bring them to safety on a dark journey. Wisdom can be found where ever we go as we carry God’s message in our hearts. Without His Word, we are stumbling in darkness without a light to guide us. Listen for Wisdom and find light unto your path. Wisdom is at every turn in your path.

Prayer: Father, we need wisdom for this day and time. Meet us here as we come before you and grant us understanding of your Word and bless us with the wisdom pouring from the verses, chapters and books within. LORD; teach us to listen and make us hunger for wisdom’s call. In Jesus’ name we pray, amen.

Abiding Still

No comments:

Post a Comment