Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Moment in Proverbs- Proverbs 11:27

Proverbs 11:27, “He that diligently seeketh good procureth favor: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him.”

The second portion of this passage reminds me of a warning I was given as a child, to be careful what I  asked for, because if you’re asking for trouble, you’re going to get it. I never quite understood that until I grew older and came to understand that I needed to check the intention of my heart in prayer and in action. What I might think needs to happen to “that” sinner may be God’s reminder to me that I need to clean up my own mess. Just as Christ reminded us in Matthew 7 that we needed to worry about our own sins rather than our brothers (see Matthew 7:3).  When we seek the good in things, we will find them because the intent of our heart is to find good. This
is a simple lesson; yet, it is powerful as we carry it into the practical application of day to day living. We must diligently seek those things that are good and we will find it; equally, when we seek mischief it will be found. (see Philippians 4:8)

Abiding Still

No comments:

Post a Comment