Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Real Moments with M.O.M- Family update with photos

Hello Friends!
Life has been full of wonderful moments, treasured changes, and much growth! The children are all doing well and growing so big! I weighed the boys and measured them on their birthdays; I think they will all pass me up! This might be the last year I can convince them to let me have this pleasure as they are beginning to think it’s for “little kids.” Ezekiel was able to take his first steps without the walker on his birthday, Josiah flew a plane on his birthday ( a long desired dream of his) and Jed and I enjoyed a quiet lunch together for his birthday. Timothy is still counting the day’s until his 11’th birthday this month is sure full of celebrations here at our house!

Joe’s work is going well. He absolutely loves the families he delivers too. Precious, precious, people!! It’s nice knowing that my husband and the children he has with him on the route are being loved on by the Body. Joe likes to bring one or two children with him each time he makes a run. These moments have been a highlight to our family activity! We praise God for opening doors for this opportunity! We feel richly blessed! I am learning a great deal about the office work that my Joe needs me to do and juggling that in-between being a homeschool momma to still 8 children, the overseer of the home while my Joe is away, caring for the farm and of course caring for all ten of the children’s needs as well as my Joe’s. It’s a learning experience in many areas for me. I trust that the Lord will be made strong in my weakness.

We’ve been getting to know people in our Church more and that has been fun. I love to pray for all those that the Lord allows our path to cross with.  We went on a nature walk together this last weekend and again learned a little more history on the area we live. I can’t believe we’ve been in KS for over two years now. Time has went by so fast. To this date every member of the Wood family is confident this is where the Lord wanted us. It is good to be where He wants us and not just out there on our own isn’t it dear Sisters?

Sammy and Matthew are still two peas in a pod! Oh, how those boys are a package of adventure! Always inventing, exploring and creating! I just love to watch them grow. Matthew most commonly has a football in his hand and talks about football all the time. Samuel has learned to milk the goats and is doing a WONDERFUL job at it! He’s proud of his job… and he should be!!

Bekah, Beth and Sarah are my jewels. Those girls are such a blessing and daily help me minister to the family! Sarah is learning so much and just reached her goal of cleaning the kitchen up in less than 15 minutes! Way to go Sarah-Grace!! Beth-Joy has enjoyed the online writing class offered by Vision Forum. She giggles as she listens to the lessons and always comes away learning something new!

Elisha had a wonderful visit with my parents in Wash. D.C. They went on a ten day tour that included PA and VA along with Wash D.C. He did many of his drawings and was able to share his love for the Lord with all those that stopped to talk with him about his art. It was a blessed time for everyone!

The farm is getting ready for the winter days that are approaching. Joy, the Jersey cow,  had a heifer. We feel blessed with all the Lord has given us!! We will soon have a tractor to help do some work and hope to reach our goal and finish that barn. I am finishing up some cleaning and going through clothes to make sure the children have all they need for winter. Life is busy… and yes, it is blessed! Blessed because of who HE is, not who I am. Blessed because HE never changes, even when life does. When I L. I. V. E. (live in view of eternity) life is truly blessed!!

I have some pictures to share with you all. I will have to get Bekah to take  some good ones of everyone but for now this will give you a glimpse of real moments in my home….

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

Image0076

Elisha and Josiah getting ready to fly!

jed

Jed is now 22 years old…. where has the time gone?

IMG_4564

Sammy and Matthew…. always have smiles!

PICT0001

My sweet Sarah-Grace!!

59793_1575065293036_1127673233_31637485_5908597_n

Bekah with one of her most adorable fun faces!!

bethnmommy

Beth-Joy and me on the front porch

No comments:

Post a Comment