Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Moment with M.O.M.- Faith As A Child

88751668 This last week, I was struggling with some pain from a hernia. I’ve had surgery on this hernia twice before. The pain is when it gets “kinked” as the doctor likes to call it and causes a blockage. Now, that’s some, ‘stop you in your tracks’ kind of pain. However, last week it wasn’t that type of pain rather, it was just the ‘warning’ prior to the ‘stop in your tracks’ pain. I decided I should lay down and do this crazy stretch that I do to try and relieve the discomfort. My sweet Sammy was laying on my bed for his nap. I asked if I could lay with him explaining that mommy was hurting. He sweetly said, “Sure mommy and I’ll pray for you.” I said thank you and without another word he went fast to sleep. A few hours later I remained stretched out on the side of the bed (with my back towards Sammy)when suddenly he bolted up as if he was in a hurry for something. He leaned over to look at my face and said, “Mommy is it gone?” “Is what gone Sammy” not quite sure what he was talking about for I had completely forgotten that he was had prayed for me. “Is your pain gone mommy?”  I replied, “Oh, yes Sammy. It is. Thank you for praying.” With such confidence and the snapping of his fingers he said, “I KNEW IT! I JUST KNEW IT! When I prayed I just KNEW that God would answer my prayer!”  With a quick kiss exchange he bounced off the bed and went about his afternoon. I laid there with a smile pondering the faith of a child.

Mark 10:15  Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

I want my prayer life to be with such confidence. I want to enter into heaven with the same confidence that Sammy prayed.  With every detail of my life, I want to have the confidence that HE will answer my prayer as it aligns with His will. I want to build my relationship with Him in such a way that I know with confidence I am praying for HIS will not mine! With each answered prayer (the yes’s the no’s and the wait’s), may my heart always proclaim, “I KNEW IT! I JUST KNEW IT!”

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of my daughter telling me that she wanted a baby brother. I have my tubes tyed. I told her that I was sorry, but it wasn't possible. She looked up at me and told me with God all things are possible. I said ok, it is possible, but not likely.

    LOL

    ReplyDelete