Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Moment in Proverbs- Proverbs 5:1-2

Today, let us look at Proverbs 5:1-2: “My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding: That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.”

Leaning to our own understanding is discouraged; but listening to those who have been in the Word, who have committed their footsteps to the Lord and who are accountable to instruction of the Word; in addition to studying the Word on your own, will keep us in tune with God’s understanding. When we lean on our own understanding of events we are trusting in our own strength and not that of our LORD.

When we have an intimate relationship with our Lord, discretion and knowledge are our cornerstone as we witnesses and share His Word with others. Think on these things as you enter this day with our LORD.

Abiding Still.

2 comments:

  1. So true!!! What a blessing your words are this morning. Thank you. Sometimes its easy to forget to lean on the Lord's understanding instead of our own. God has bee moving in my life so much recently. I feel like I've been to a revival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying alot more to hear God's voice and not mine or what I think I need.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete