Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Thursday, September 2, 2010

M.O.M.’s Mailbox- Do you get discouraged?

Question: I am a reader of your blog and a facebook friend too. I noticed how you’re always saying, “you’re blessed.” You always seem so happy it makes me wonder if you ever get discouraged.

Answer: Okay, I have to tell you your question makes me giggle! Not because it’s a silly question but because you’re right. I get this question in real life as well. So please don’t feel that it’s only an “online” issue. In fact, I *think* I might have even answered this question on the blog somewhere before.

I will confess that  I am more of a positive person than what others might be. I am always trusting that whatever is happening, God is going to use it for His good. I trust people until they prove otherwise instead of waiting for them to prove I can trust them. I love others, even when they don’t act very lovely. I enjoy the simple things and don’t even dream of the “big” dramatic events in life- I think they’re way overrated. I believe the best in a person not because I have faith in them but because I have Faith in what God can do in them and through them. I approach each day as if it is a fresh start, because it is! I don’t take any moments for granted because I know, from the pain of life, how quickly our moments can be taken from us.. I would rather live in a tent (and I have) with my dear Joe and children than in a palace alone. I would rather feel my body ache because of my chores than live selfishly striving to be pampered and lazy. I guess what I’m trying to say is that each day I choose to put my attention on the Lord and the goodness He has in store. Even in the trials and pain of life we can find JOY that can transform our thoughts, speech, life choices and homes. It is in this JOY that I have discovered my secret of being “happy”. Would you like to know?

Okay, I’ll tell you and not keep you waiting.

I have discovered that Joy is not based on my circumstances it is a result of my position in Christ!  It isn’t dependent on how much money is in the bank account. It isn’t based on how big of a home I have, how nice of a car I drive, how well dressed my children are or how many dinner parties I’m invited too.   JOY is a fruit of the Spirit and should be seen in each of our lives! I have taught my children that we have JOY when we live as God would have us by putting Jesus first, Others second and You last. “You” is always striving to throw disorder into the group. However, if we put our needs above others we just get a scrambled word puzzle: “JYO”. If  we  put others before your personal relationship with the Lord the same thing happens: “OJY” JOY will always escape us until we live daily in the order that God has established. The ONLY way we can have JOY is to walk in obedience to the Lord and live our life under His leadership. Then our fruit will be evident to all!

Do I ever get discouraged? YES! and when I do, I have others I know will pray for me and not let me stay there. I also say as David did, “Oh, my Soul why are you downcast? Put your hope in God.” Often, and I do mean often, this “pep talk” has went on between my flesh and my Spirit! I thank the Lord that He is stronger than my carnal flesh and JOY soon invades me!

I pray that my life always bears the fruit of JOY!

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

2 comments:

  1. This is EXACTLY what I needed to read today!!! Thanks so much for posting this, and answering this question! And thanks to whoever asked it! I too am mainly a positive person, but am having a very discouraging week. This has really helped me. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This post was so encouraging to me! Needed it today!

    ReplyDelete