Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Moment in M.O.M.’s Kitchen- Home made Donuts

donuts2 Good Morning Friends!

Since momma and daddy are here for a visit yesterday I decided to make these treats from my childhood. I must warn you they aren’t healthy and they aren’t something we eat on a regular basis but each time we do, it’s a hit!

 

Donuts:

4 cans of refrigerated biscuits (I just use the ones they have on sale)

Coconut oil (That’s the main oil I use in our home. You could use whatever oil you prefer.)donuts

Frosting:

2 cups of powdered sugar

1 Tbs vanilla

water (enough to make the frosting the consistency that you want it. Some of my family likes it thick others, like myself, like it thin.)

Take your biscuits out of their container and have the children use a lid to a bottle as a “cutter” to make your donut holes. Set those aside along with your newly made “donuts”. In a deep pan put enough coconut oil so that once melted it’s about 1 1/2 to 2 inches deep. Heat your oil up on high then turn down to med/high heat. When oil is hot place your donuts and donut holes in the oil and allow them to cook until golden brown. Place on a cooling rack with a cookies sheet underneath. Once cool apply your frosting by dipping them in the frosting and returning them to the cooling rack until you are ready to serve them. NOTE: You can add coco to your frosting if you desire to have chocolate glazed donuts or you can make up a batch of cinnamon/sugar to coat them in! Have fun with this project! Perhaps one day it will be your little girls memory!

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, this is a recipe I used to do often. Years ago when my older kids were littler. You are right, not too healthy but extremely yummy. We make donuts sometimes too. I found a great recipe in an Amish cookbook I have. Coconut oil is a favorite around here. We put it in our smoothies! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby introduced me to this wonderful treat. He shakes his in cinnamon and sugar. MMmmmm.

    Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MmmMmm. We grew up with our mom making these, too, and I made for our kids. I could eat these all day long, much to my Weight Watchers' leader's dismay. LOL

    ReplyDelete