Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Moment in M.O.M.’s Kitchen- Apple Chips

IMG_4571 Last night I was up until the wee hours of the morning making 3 gallons of yogurt, 3lbs of butter, 3/4 gallon of buttermilk, a large crock pot of pear sauce and ONE VERY LARGE dehydrator of sliced apples for apple chips!

Apple chips are such an easy, delicious, fall treat! This time of year our apple tree branches are hanging with loads of apples. I will save the harvest from my trees for some apple pies. I found a wonderful deal at Azure Standard for organic apples less than 1.00 a pound!

To make this delightful treat for your own family simply follow the simple steps below:

  • Wash apples
  • Core and slice apples. I like to use my apple peeler/corer/slicer. (I attached a photo below for your reference)ha030_jpg_300x300_q85
  • You can dip your apples in lemon juice if you like. I skipped this step this time just because I am low on my lemon juice and need it for my pears I am putting away.
  • Then lay your apple slices on your trays and place in your dehydrator to dry at 140 degrees for 10-12 hours.

Once the timer sounds you should have nice, crisp, scrumptious apple chips. Make sure you store in an air tight container for future enjoyment!

Fall… one of my favorite times of year!
With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment