Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Moment with M.O.M- The four “W”’s

Wise Women Work Willingly!

We have been reading in Exodus as a family! As we read chapter 35 we were impressed with the word, “willing”. God asked that everyone who was WILLING would bring their offerings to help in the construction of the tabernacle. In verse 25 we are told that every wise hearted woman did work. “And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun…” As we continued to read we learned that so many were willing that there was an over abundance. In fact, Moses had to tell the people to stop bringing their items. The word that was used was, “restrained”.  Ex chapter 36:6: And Moses gave commandment, and they caused it to be proclaimed throughout the camp, saying, Let neither man nor woman make any more work for the offering of the sanctuary. So the people were restrained from bringing.

When you picture someone being restrained what comes to mind? For myself, I see someone tied up, held down, or handcuffed. I wonder, am I one of these women that is wise hearted that works willing? Am I one that must be restrained from my offering to God through my work at home? Can you just imagine how our lives, homes, and world could be changed if we were such women? The children and I had much discussion about this topic. As we discussed if we would be considered wise hearted individuals Ezekiel said, “Mom, it’s the four “W'’s” Wise Women Work Willingly!” Amen! May that be said of my life!

It is my prayer that we would be wise hearted woman that worked willing in their homes, pouring out ourselves as an offering to the Lord. May we become so passionate about our work to the Lord, in our homes, that someone would literally have to restrain us from offering our work to Him! Oh, and may there be an over abundance of good that comes from the fruit of our hands! All for His Glory!

With much Love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

2 comments:

  1. Hi, MOM,
    I just recently read this in my own devotional time too, and marked that verse! I loved hearing your kids' insights. Thank you so much for your encouraging, inspiring messages!
    Love to you,
    SaraA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear it Sarah! I just love when God shows me something in His Word and then confirms it by having someone else say the same thing.
    Have a blessed day as you work willingly in your home, all for His Glory!
    Mrs. Joseph Wood

    ReplyDelete