Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Real Moments- A peek into my life as it is today…

Hello Friends!

Well, life at my house seems as busy and full as ever. The home is buzzing with happy, creative and adventurous children! As well as a farm full of animals that seem bent on making sure I never sit down! Here are some highlights:

Matthew has contacted Poison Oak in some of his adventures and is a little on the red, bumpy, and itchy side right now.  He was able to write his favorite verse out of Proverbs on the wipe off board this morning, Proverbs 19:21. All the children get so excited to be  the one picked to do this daily task.

Sammy’s favorite bible verse this morning was “God loves Sammy so much that He sent His only son to die for him.” Okay, if you’re trying to look that up in the concordance you won’t find it. It’s the Samuel version but I am sure you can see where he got that interpretation. :-)  John 3: 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Elisha and Josiah have been building a back pasture. We have been blessed to have such a rich source of pasture now the only trick is getting it all fenced.

Ezekiel is having a hard time not being able to be part of our outdoor projects but for the most part is doing okay. We have a doctor appointment today to check on his progress since surgery. I am fully confident that His grace is sufficient!

Timothy was my big helper in pulling weeds from the berry patch last night. With a run over to his hives to make sure they was okay, a discovery of new insects and some pretty rocks we found while we worked. We had a wonderful time,  I think we got some weeds pulled too.

Jed has started a new job (at the same place but a full time position somewhere else in the plant). He is enjoying the new people he’s working with and of course the new flow of money that the Lord has blessed him with.

Joe and I took a six hour trip (one way making for 12 hours of total driving) yesterday to pick up some new milking Jerseys. These are both registered and bred to a registered Jersey bull.  We had some wonderful conversations about our goals, plans and where we felt the Lord was leading us. We talked about everything from heart issues to nothing that was of any importance. Yet, the entire visit was critical and a wonderful time for us to hold hands and just be in each others presence. I still delight in my Joe and I KNOW he delights in me!  The issue about “pulling carrots” that I talked about in my last post is still a matter of conversation and prayer. I think the Lord has given us some direction on what needs to be thinned and am now waiting His timing to do so. I can tell you that the women’s Bible Study and the Blog remain as a “carrot” we want to let remain so that God can use it as He intends. I think we’ve decided that our sharing on Facebook and Twitter will come to an end. We have also decided that I won’t be writing for the home school magazine but I will continue working on writing the book I have started. It is a collection of my journal entries and practical how to’s for others that might want to live this “Simple Life”. There are other things we are still praying about…

Bethany and Sarah have been taking care of the May children that Bekah normally watches through the week. We are so blessed to have these toddlers in my home, they will always have a special place in our hearts. Their daddy took a job that is five hours away (a job that is a true blessing to their family) so their time with us is short and we know that we must treasure each moment with them.

Bekah is in CA enjoying friends and family. I have talked to her a few times since she’s been gone. She seems to be having a wonderful time but also mentioned that “it just isn’t home anymore mom”. Isn’t it amazing that we can live somewhere all our lives and when the Lord moves us that new place becomes “home”? We all miss her! She is such a blessing to our home!

Well, I had best close for now so that I can get Ezekiel to his doctor appointment. I might be picking up a claw foot bath tub on the way. My Joe has always wanted an outdoor bath area and this is part of his project. I know, a funny thing to some but a treasure to my Joe!

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment