Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Thursday, May 20, 2010

Real Moments- 49 Years Ago Today…

joeForty-Nine years ago today, a middle aged woman gave birth to her tenth child, a little boy, in the town of Crete Nebraska. She tenderly nurtured him up; rocking him through his share of ear aches and fevers. She patiently endured all the boy adventures that would make most women lose their hair. The Lord blessed her with twelve children all together. Life was not easy. Her husband passed away when this boy was at the tender of age of 12 and yet, she still found a way to smile, appreciate the simple things and faithfully trusted the Lord to meet their needs.  I am so thankful for the love my dear mother- in- law invested in this young boys life that made him the man I am married to today!  Momma Wood passed away a few years ago. I have precious memories of conversations we held. Heart conversations that would last late into the night, wisdom she would offer and the laughter we shared! There were times we would laugh so hard we couldn’t catch our breath! She was an amazing woman who raised up an amazing son!!

I know that it is normal to always tell the person who is having the birthday, “Happy Birthday”. However, I use to always call my mother-in-law and tell her thank you too. I know that the joy I have in my Joe is a result of her love, dedication and sacrifice! Even though she is no longer with us my heart is still ever grateful for her love to my dear Joe!

joereadingbibleToday, is a special day indeed! Happy Birthday Joe! I love you!! Thank you for being a God honoring husband. Thank you for dedicating your life to caring for and protecting the children and me. Thank you for the tender kisses that make all the worries vanish. Thank you for all you sacrifice for us. Thank you for the playful memories the children and I still love to tease you about. Thank you for making our home a place that is truly a place of peace for all who enter! Thank you for choosing me to walk life’s journey with you as your wife, best friend and lover!  Thank you for your leadership,your patience, and your desire to always grow and do better. Thank you for your humility that always teaches me so much. You are so much more to me than words can ever express. Joe,  I love you more with each breath that I take!  

Happy Birthday!!! 

With a heart full of Love,

Your Sunshine

stuff2 196familyphoto  4x6

 bekah.dad1 IMG_3403

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! What a great way to say happy birthday to a beloved friend from his helpmeet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have much to be grateful for! What a sweet tribute to your husband and MIL. So many times, mother-in-laws get a bad rep, but there are many good ones out there, too! Hope you and your hubby had a great celebration! ;0)

    ReplyDelete