Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Thursday, April 22, 2010

M.O.M.’s Mailbox- When did you surrender and submit to the Lord?

Question: When did you finally surrender and begin to submit to what the Lord had for you in this life? Clearly you have been called to a different life than most...I just wonder what the road looked like as you traveled it.

Answer:  The answer to that question is actually what fills the pages of a book I am in the process of writing! :-)

Even though I grew up in a Christian home I did not surrender my life to the Lord until I was 21 years of age. I was very vain, selfish and self serving. God had His hands full with me! When I learned to truly submit to His purpose for my life would have been many years later when He showed me through a string of events that He would not fit in any of my boxes no  matter how pretty I dressed those boxes up. He taught me that He had purchased me with the precious blood of His Son, I was not my own. I had no rights. Those events, the heart transformation, and the hilarious as well as heart breaking events that occurred over the last 20 years will be written and shared in detail in this book. It is my desire that others see His work, His grace, and His faithfulness to those of us who choose to call on His Name, to those of us that chose to say, “I have been bought with a price do with me as you please for your Glory… not mine.” It has been a wonderful journey. It wasn’t always fun, it wasn’t always comfortable but it has been worth it all!   Truly I can say, John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment