Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Monday, February 15, 2010

M.O.M.'S Mailbox- Valentines Day


Hello Friends!
I know that Valentines Day was yesterday however, I did want to share this note from my mailbox with you. I hope each of us remember that God works uniquely and strategically in each of our lives. While we have foundational Truths found in Scripture that we are to observe, how we put our faith into action is specific to each of our walks with Him. The answers I share, today and other days, are how He is leading us at this moment. They are not absolute Truths for those can only be found in His Word. I share with you as a mommy, wife, daughter, and Sister in Christ,  nothing more. May He receive all Glory for every good work in our lives.

Have a wonderful week as you minister to your families!
Mrs. Joseph Wood

Question- How do you celebrate Valentines Day and still protect your children from the "boy friend/girl friend" message?

Answer- In our home, we have taught the children that God will bring them the young man or woman He has for them in His timing. They will not have to go looking for them. They do not have to try and guess if it might be this friend that friend. They can simply rest, enjoy their childhood days, faithfully minister to their family and wait for the Lord to reveal His good gift to them in His perfect timing. Because this message is lived in our home on a daily basis, all throughout the year, we have never had any 'issues' with Valentines day.

We say "Happy Valentines Day" to each other and maybe make heart shaped pancakes. We write letters to grandmas and grandpas telling them we love them and take cookies to those that serve us in our community such as firefighters. There have been times we have done a word study on "heart" or "love" using our Matthew Henry Commentary, Strongs Concordance and Noah Webster 1828 dictionary. When the children were little I use to always buy a picture book about a mommy loving her children. It was a good way to build our library with some sweet books that we still have today.

I hope my 'answer' has helped! I am confident the Lord will lead you faithfully! He cares about all these details!
With much love,
Mrs. Joseph Wood

1 comment:

  1. Excellent advice. I was just talking to my son yesterday about one day his future wife. I was telling him about how he will need to use wisdom to choose wisely. I didn't even think to tell him to "wait" on God to bring her to him. I was thinking more about it will be his job to "choose". But even though he will be the one "pursuing" he still needs to "wait" on God.

    I'm gonna be sure to add that piece of wisdom the next time it comes up! He is only 6 so he has some time lol!!!
    Courtney
    http://www.womenlivingwell.org

    ReplyDelete