Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Saturday, May 7, 2011

Real Moments- A Wet Warrior

It’s been a long week, one that I’ve learned God equips me for today’s work and then offers new mercy each day for the next day’s work.  I’ve talked to many people this week, worked on our business, ministered to families, been ministered to, encountered words of encouragement and words of discouragement and met each one with the portion of grace I had been given by our Father. As I sit here in my office, I’m surrounded by large windows overlooking my yard where my family works and plays.  It is here that I reflect on God’s bountiful treasures given to his handmaiden.  I watch my son Josiah as he tends to my garden in hope that the plants that were damaged in the frost will be nurtured back to health.  As this young man stands with his back to me I see the “First-Strike of Battle” about to take place.  I’d love to warn him that it’s coming but the stealth movement of his younger brother is precious to watch. As he approaches his towering brother armed with a “cup” of water, Josiah is focused on his duties.  There!  The strike takes place, water is poured down the back of Josiah!  Matthew, the valiant warrior, retreats in laughter.  But, a very big miscalculation of the opponents weaponry was made.  As Josiah turns calmly to see the retreat of his opponent, he simply raises the hose flowing with water and drenches his brother.  The battle is raging new weapons are fashioned by the now dripping Matthew and frustration is building as he grabs what he can to win this battle…to his disappointment, he is overcome by strength and strategy.

As I watched this unfold, there comes this thought about how I faced this week.  I was much like this little warrior at times as I tried to accomplish more than I was given.  My battle plan was to win the war on my tasks at hand.  What seemed to be a mountain of work and interactions could not be dealt with all in one day, but I ran into the day with my cup of water to attack. I was reminded, that my life is not my work.  No, my life is in Christ.  I must wait for his strength and strategy to equip me for each day and each task.  Whether I’m dealing with an issue between sisters in my house or customers at my door; God has given me what I need to encounter each circumstance with grace.  The “First-Strike of Battle” will happen each day and as I become equipped through His Word each day, I must remember just as the soldier preparing for battle; I do not know how God will empower me to stand, but I am confident He will!

Now as this dripping little soldier and his loving opponent end their “war of water”, I remember these are the moments I am refreshed by, God’s New Mercies and His faithful treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment