Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Friday, May 20, 2011

A Moment In Proverbs: Proverbs 20:27

Proverbs 20:27,
“The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

When we commit our ways unto the Lord, nothing will have the power to destroy the Spirit’s work within us and all of our thoughts will be established.

At the beginning of the week, I posted this sentence and I have had an opportunity to post it with each of our devotions this week.  As I come to a close this week, I am considering this verse as the core of this sentence; for the spirit of man is the candle of the LORD. 

When we commit our ways unto the LORD the light of our lives shine through and that light is not our own, but that of the LORD’s; it is the inspiration of God.  Just as the disciples committed their life to Christ, they were given the inspiration of God and we are to benefit from their writing as the inspiration of God (2Timothy 3:15-17).The inspiration was so that those who followed God and committed their ways unto Him would be thoroughly furnished unto all good works.  Showing forth the light of Jesus Christ to all who they meet.

Our spirit was made after the image of God and He is the source of all knowledge, in fact, He is called the Father of lights (James 1:17-18). Since he is our Father, it is because of Him that we were created; and in Him we have the word of truth; therefore we have His light within.

Dear friends, NOTHING will have the power to destroy the Spirit’s work within us! This light is realized only when we commit our lives to Him.  Have you decided to follow Jesus? Remember, He said, “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” (John 8:12)

Prayer: The LORD is my light and my salvation. The LORD is the strength of my life. The LORD is King forever and ever. The LORD is our refuge.  I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised.  In Jesus’ name, we commit our ways unto the Lord, nothing will have the power to destroy the Spirit’s work within us and all of our thoughts will be established. We pray in Jesus’ name, amen.

Abiding Still,

Connie Renfro ©

No comments:

Post a Comment