Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Friday, April 1, 2011

A Moment In Proverbs: 1:24-29

Proverbs 1: 24-29,
“Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at naught all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

 
Oh, what a horrible place to be; yet millions face eternity everyday and do not waiver in their stubbornness to seek the LORD and His counsel.  The idea of being without God is an awful thought to me, yet I am a sinner who was saved by His grace, just as many of you have been. 
 
Do you remember when you walked without Him? I remember my journey and I was headed for destruction just as this passage states.  But He was long suffering and continued to call me to Himself and one day, He got my attention.  In that moment, my receiving Christ was the most important thing I had ever done, yet even though I accepted that I was a sinner and that I needed Him, I lived another 15 years without having a personal relationship with Him.  I remember reading these verses from time to time and cringed each time I thought about the anguish of having him laugh at my calamity had I not received Him and met Him face to face without making that important decision.
 
Even though there was a 15 year period that God continued to work with me, He never left me, He was always faithful, and He continued to bless our family.  I did not purpose not to have a relationship; I just didn’t understand what it was supposed to be like.  Until one day, I met a dear woman who showed me the way. Actually, as I look back over the years, there were several faithful women of the Word that impacted my life. But I especially am grateful for those who taught me to seek His Word each day and how to study His Word.  I guess I was a slow learner, but today, when I hear Him call me through His Word, I know it is His voice and I listen.
 
I’d like to encourage each of you to consider your walk with the LORD.  Are you meeting Him personally each day and seeking His leading? Or are you picking up your Bible and running to church to hear what others are saying about Him.  Until you sit at His feet and lean in close to Him and seek His Word with all your heart; confessing your weaknesses; admitting your faults and asking His forgiveness for any rebellion that lies within your heart, you won’t grow in the LORD.  You’ll gain knowledge and you may even experience His grace through His abundant blessings.  But until you know Him personally and are willing to turn your life over to Him, you will be like I was and like Paul talked about when He said, “I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.” (Read 1 Corinthians 3:1-3). 
 
Prayer: LORD, you have so much to teach your people and we are often too preoccupied with self and the world around us.  There are many who have received you, perhaps even years ago, that are still babes in the Word.  Is it because of our dull hearing or are we still holding onto portions of our life that we’re not willing to relinquish?  LORD, teach us your principles and the oracles of God.  We want to be mature children before you, skillful and desiring to live in the Word of Righteousness.  Thank you for our salvation and thank you for your long suffering.  In Jesus’ name we pray, amen.
 
Abiding Still,
Connie Renfro ©

No comments:

Post a Comment