Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Monday, February 28, 2011

A Random Moment With Beth- Journey Through the Scriptures

I would like to invite each of you on a journey though the Scriptures with me. As we journey I hope to tackle those hard questions that many of us stay at home daughters face.

Feel free to ask questions along the way, I will try to the best of my ability to answer them for you as we go.

Q.

Why have you chose to be a stay at home daughter?

A.

I wrestled with the idea of being a stay at home daughter for a long time. It wasn’t until I looked to the Scriptures and my parents guidance that I found the answers I was looking for. If you are wrestling with the idea of being a stay at home daughter I would encourage you to seek your parents guidance and look to the Scriptures for answers.

In Titus 2, Paul, when he is writing to Titus, he addresses the woman. He tells them to instruct the younger generation and teach them to be “discreet, chaste, and keepers at home”. The older generation has more experience than us and that’s why Paul told them to instruct us. They have already gone through the same things we are going through and they know how to get through them without compromising our faith. If we are not living and working at home, how are our mothers supposed to teach this to us? Consider, what happens when you have two lost people and they get together? They are both still lost…neither of them know which way to go to get where they need to be. They need someone to guide them and show them which way to go…Someone who knows the way! Just like us..we need someone to show us which way to go. We need a older and wiser woman to give us encouragement and guidance as we walk through this life. I can’t find the type of wisdom and guidance I need outside of my home because God has put all the people I need in my family. He put us together to lift each other up and He put me over the younger children because I have something to offer them as they walk through life, God put my older brothers and sisters in my life because they have guidance to offer me as I walk though life too! J

Another benefit I reap from be a stay at home daughter is the guidance of my father and the examples from my older brothers. It would be much harder for me to find the guidance I was needing if I was gone all day away from home.

My father is always ready to give me guidance when I am struggling with anything from emotional purity to how to start the tractor up. Because I have chosen to stay at home I have the freedom to research, learn, ask questions. I so enjoy researching in our library that my momma and papa have been adding more and more books to over the years..another opportunity I wouldn’t have if I was gone away all day.

I not only learn how to submit to the authority of my parents but it is preparing me for the day I will marry the man the Lord has created for me. I must learn to submit to authority now and learn how respect the leaders the Lord has placed over me otherwise I will end up like Eve, causing my husband to fall. It I can’t submit to my father how in the world would I ever be able to submit to my husband? In Ephesians (6:1-4) we are told to honor and obey our parents. This is also the fifth commandment that the Lord gave Moses in Deuteronomy 5:16. The fifth commandment is also the first commandment with a promise (that thy days may be prolonged and that is may go well with thee in the land the Lord your God has given you). Some daughters may live in homes that the only way they can honor their parents is by leaving home. For me, the best way for me to honor my parents is by staying home. The choice I made isn’t the choice every daughter will make but each of us will have to make a choice at one point or another.

If you would like to hear more on this subject please feel free to email me with any questions that you may have.

I hope I have encouraged you today to search the Scriptures for the answers that you are seeking. Include your parents in the search for your answers and ask them for their opinion too.

Until we meet again,

Beth Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment