1 teaspoon white sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon freshly shopped Rosemary
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
Pre heat oven to 425
1) In a large bowl: warm water, sugar and yeast (stir sugar until it’s dissolved then add yeast. Make sure to give your yeast a little stir as well so it’s all covered with warm water). Cover and let sit for
2) If your yeast has doubled in size you can now add: Salt, olive oil, parmesan cheese, rosemary. Lightly stir until well mixed.
3) Start adding ONE cup of flour at a time until the dough starts to form. After dough has formed slid out onto a flour dusted surface.
4) Do not over knead but make sure all the outside flour has been worked into your dough and you have a nice round ball. IMPORTANT, make sure when forming your pizza ball you keep all cracks on the bottom. If they’re on the top you pizza dough will not rise very well.
5) In another large bowl take 1 teaspoon of olive oil and lightly grease the sides. Give the pizza ball a little rub down as well to prevent sticking while rising. Let sit in a warm area for 45-1hr or until doubled in size. .
6) Has it doubled in size?! Yippie, that means you’re 20min away from amazing pizza! Now we need to get it shaped and dressed- Roll a ball of dough with a rolling pin until it will not stretch any further. Then, drape it over both of your fists, and gently pull the edges outward, while rotating the crust. When the circle has reached the desired size, place on a well oiled pizza pan. Top pizza with your favorite toppings, such as sauce, cheese, meats, or vegetables.
Bake for 16 to 20 minutes (depending on thickness) in the preheated oven, until the crust is crisp and golden at the edges, and cheese is melted on the top.
Happy pizza eating my friends!