Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Moment in Proverbs- Proverbs 29:18- Questions to consider as you plan 2011

Proverbs 29: 18

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

woman-journaling-fbThis is the time of year that is famous for looking back over the past year success, failures and ‘ho hums’. It is the time of year that we plan out what we want to make different about ourselves and our futures. Many don’t last past January with their “goals” and “resolutions” others however, are successful, truly successful! Consider this passage as you go about making plans for the upcoming year.

  • Do you have a vision? Not a vision from your flesh but a vision that comes from the understanding of His Word? Where there is no vision, the people perish. The vision that the author is referring to here is the vision that comes from the Word of the Lord. As a people, we perish if we have no preaching of the Good News, no vision of the Hope that we find in Jesus Christ alone. As you make your plans ask yourself:
    • “Have I searched the Scriptures for understanding on how I should be planning my days?”
    • “Do my plans line up with the Word of the Lord or am I making plans in my own strength?”
    • “If the Lord was to return right now, am I doing what I would want him to find me doing?”
  • This passage tells us that, happy is he that “keepeth” the law. It’s not enough to hear, read or even know the law we must obey and keep His law! Only then will we discover the happiness spoken of in this passage. It is vital that any plans you make are an extension of you keeping His Law. Don’t involve yourself in activity or conversation that is grievous to the Lord. What activity is grievous you ask? Consider these questions as you ponder your plan for 2011:
    • “ Does my plan for 2011 clearly show that I have NO other gods before Him?”
    • “Do my goals for the year cause me to “bow down” to them instead of allow me to serve the Lord with all my strength?”
    • “Do my choices bring dishonor to the Name of the Lord?”
    • “Does my plan allow me to keep the Sabbath day as Holy?”
    • “Does my goal for 2011 bring honor to my parents?”
    • “Do my goals promote life and protect it no matter how old, young, small or frail?”
    • “Does my plan for the upcoming year provide boundaries to keep me from emotional, spiritual and physical adultery?”
    • “Do my plans take from others what does not belong to me?”
    • “Can my plans be pursued truthfully without causing harm to someone else?”
    • “Is my motive in this plan pure or is it motivated out of greed and covetousness?”

As you go forward with your plans for this next year I encourage you to be mindful and prayerful about your decisions. Check them with the Word of God and ask Him to examine your heart and show you where and what changes need to be made.

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment