Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Moment in Proverbs- Proverbs 21:2

Proverbs 21: 2

Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the heart.

I was praying just last night about this very verse. As I consider some of the past decisions I have made I was considering if perhaps, I stepped out in my own strength instead of His grace!  To be honest with you, I hate that feeling! I hate thinking that I stepped out of His grace no matter how “good” my step might have seemed at the time. Oh, I’ve learned that the heartache, pain and unnecessary roughness that comes from such steps is simply ridiculous on my part and totally avoidable! I like what Matthew Henry says, “The proud heart is very ingenious in putting a fair face upon a foul matter, and in making that appear right to itself which is far from being so” It’s amazing the things that I can think I am doing for all the right reasons only to discover that while it may of looked right to me God pondered deep into my heart and clearly could see what I was blind too! I have often taken comfort in the fact that God doesn’t judge me based on the outcome but on my heart. In the same token, I have been humbled as I again considered that God judged me on my heart and not my outcome. See things can turn out looking right but the LORD pondereth the heart. Things can turn out really wrong but if my heart was right before the Lord it is counted unto me as righteousness. His judgment is perfect, free from any sin that would cover truth. I am thankful that He is patient with me and continues to reveal my heart to even me! Jeremiah 17 :The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked who can know it?”

Prayer: Lord reveal to us what you see in our hearts. Let us not go about in vain confidence rather let us only be led by you. Father forgive us for all the times that we have tried to do those “good” things that were not what you had planned for us. Father save us from the destruction and trouble we bring upon ourselves when we fail to listen for your leading! In Jesus Name we pray… amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment