Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Monday, November 1, 2010

Real Moments with M.O.M.- Enjoying my ‘babies’

As mothers we need to guard our time with our children so that we can truly enjoy them and not just let these days slip by. We need to have that quiet time to sit and hold them, the freedom for late mornings, eating waffles with strawberries and cream in our pj’s, and of course we need the wisdom to chose what is excellent for the moment we are living in.

A few weeks back I was busy at my desk working for my Joe and finishing up some writing projects, when one of my children came with their math book in hand and said, “Mom, I don’t mean to distract you but could you help me with this?” It was the Lord that filled my mouth and gave me the wisdom to reply, “You’re not the distraction…life is the distraction!” The smile that graced that child’s face knowing that I would chose them as the priority of the moment was profound. I thanked the Lord for giving me the ‘perfect’ words to minister to my child. I have thought about that moment often since then. I have remembered the look on their face and been encouraged to press on with choosing that which is excellent for each moment I am living in.

Life is busy as my dear Joe’s wife. His business  is growing and getting it off to a good start both financially and legally is all new to me. I find my days are making calls, getting quotes, finding loads for him to haul and looking over the maps. This of course is on top of our busy farm life, homeschool days and simple family time. It also comes at a time when my dear mother battles cancer! Momma was told this last week that her renal cancer is active, growing, and needs to be addressed immediately. We had just started to take a breather from the breast cancer and had thought the other cancers decided to just move away. I guess not. Momma is having surgery soon, a few surgeries. I would truly be blessed to know others were praying for our family, especially momma, through all of this. I have often told the Lord that I feel much like dry clay that is being stretched. I have cried out for some Living Water to make me more pliable. I am thankful that I can trust Him as He molds me no matter what it might feel like!! Don’t get me wrong it hasn’t been bad. It’s been a challenge, stretching but also very good! Good in the fact that I am once again given the opportunity to serve my family, good in the fact that I get to grow, and good in the fact that I get to practice choosing that which is excellent!

Today, I’ll share some photos of  precious moments with the children this last week! Enjoy dear friends! May we each strive to live the moments that will be important for eternity and not simply busy ourselves with empty activity!

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

Samuel and Matthew have enjoyed a science class each Friday. Big sissy, Bekah, takes them to class and treats them to hot coco or whatever else afterwards. They enjoy this time with her and I am thankful as I see the heart of my big kids investing in their siblings. This last week, they were learning about wind and let some balloons go with the hopes that someone might find them and call to tell them where it had traveled too. When the instructor asked, “Does anyone know what makes the balloon fly?” Matthew replied, “It’s the hand of God.” Bekah immediately texted me to share just how precious it was. I love the children’s ability to see God in every detail of our lives. May we always humble ourselves, quiet ourselves, and take a look around us to see ‘the hand of God’.

Photo-0206

Photo-0208

Josiah would love to fly planes one day for missionary work. The Lord blessed him with an Autumn sight seeing trip from the sky. They flew over the north-east part of Kansas and from what they told me, it was beautiful!!

IMG_0009[1]

Josiah getting back from his flight!

IMG_0012[1] 

Beth-Joy and Timothy accompanied Josiah and had a wonderful time!

IMG_0015[1]

The Pilot giving the children their certificates and log books.

IMG_0014[1]

Everyone together for a photo before we left. The other children and I had waited near the hangers. We enjoyed watching several private planes take off that day. I think some of the other children may just want to go for a flight soon! 

3 comments:

  1. OH no I am so sorry to read the news about your mother :-( You do have a very full plate right now - keep on smiling sunshine mama!!! You are the perfect mom for your children. What a gift you are to them!
    Keep walking with the King!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear friend...I am a little behind on getting through all of your posts but when I saw the part about your mama, I began to cry. I am so sorry to hear her (and your) news on this. I will be praying and will share it with my husband who will be praying as well. Thank you for reminding us to treasure the very precious moments we have with our children while we have them. You are such a wonderful Titus 2 mentor for me. More than you will ever know.

    God bless you and your whole family today.

    Blessings!

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete