Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Moment in Proverbs- Proverbs 28: 13

Proverbs 28:13 "He who conceals his sins does not prosper but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy."

Have you hidden a sin and not confessed it before the Lord? We have a mighty God who made provisions through the cross to forgive us of every transgression. Look to Psalms 32: 1-5 "Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit. When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord’ - and you forgave the guilt of my sin."

My friends, there are no hidden sins; everything is laid bare before the Lord of Hosts. But, His forgiveness is but a prayer away.

Abiding Still

No comments:

Post a Comment